How to check what version of Google chrome are you using?
1. Open up a Google Chrome browser window and click on the square icon with 3 horizontal black lines which you will see in the top right-hand corner of the browser - as shown below:
2. Next select the option 'About Google Chrome' this will display the browser version and if you are not using the most up to date version you can upgrade to the latest version on this page.
If you do not see the 'About Google Chrome' option click on 'Help' and you will then see the 'About Google Chrome' option:
In the window that appears next you will be able to upgrade to the latest version of Chrome:
How to update your Google Chrome browser to the latest version
Normally updates happen in the background when you close and re-open
However, if you haven't closed your browser in a while you might see the Chrome menu on the browser change colour to green , orange or red .
If you see green that means an update has been available for 2 days, orange – 4 days and red – 7 or more days. To apply an available update, just follow the steps below.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Update Google Chrome.
- In the confirmation dialogue that appears, click Restart.
- The browser saves your opened tabs and windows and reopens them automatically when it restarts. If you'd prefer not to restart right away, click Not now.
- The next time that you restart your browser, the update will automatically be applied.
- Please Note : Windows 8 users: Make sure that you close all Chrome windows and tabs on the desktop and Windows 8 app, then relaunch Chrome to apply the update.