Using the Notes section in your CRM account to record a note against a contact is a useful area to record information which can be seen at a glance by users, as the information contained in the Notes section is displayed underneath the contacts business card.
The Notes section also remains static while you click in and out of another sections within that contacts record.
Notes can be used to record information such as:
- Background information
- Times to call or hours of work
- Any other relevant information that is useful to see when inside the contact record.
To add notes to a contact record please follow the the step by step guide below:
1. Click onto the contact record you wish to add a note for.
2. Inside the contacts record click on the Notes icon as shown above in red:
3. Click either the '+ Add a note' button or the 'Notes + button' as shown below in red:
4. Whichever option you clicked you will be taken into an Edit note window as shown below:
5. Type your notes regarding the contact and when you have finished please click on 'Update' to save.
6. You will see the notes you have typed underneath the contacts business card when you next click into the contact record as shown below in red:
7. Please note: that you can be in any other section of the contacts record, for instance inside Custom Fields and the Notes section is still displayed underneath the contacts business card details as shown above.