Firstly we need to make sure that the phone which does not ring is registered to the base station.
If the phone is registered to the base, then we need to make sure that this phone handset is set up to ring for the line(s) being dialled. This will mean logging into the base station web interface and checking the handset number assignment - making sure that both phone handsets are set to ring for incoming calls.
If the above has been done and still the 'other' phone still doesn't ring if one is in use, then we need to make sure that the call waiting feature has not been switched off.
The call waiting feature can be activated via the phone's handset - from the menu settings. On the menu go to 'Select Services' and find the 'Call Waiting' feature, please make sure this is turned 'On' on the handset.
The next step would be to update the firmware on the base station - this is done via the base station web interface. Please click here to see how to update the firmware on the base station.
Once this is done you will need to log back into the base station web interface to check the line(s) registered onto the base station and also check that the handset number assignment is set up so that line(s) point to the right phone handsets.
If the above actions do not resolve the issue, then a hard factory reset of the base station is the next step.
To do a hard factory reset of the base station please see the instructions below:
1. Unplug the power on the base
2. At the same time, hold down the blue button on the front of the base station
3. Still holding down the blue button, plug the power back in
4. The blue button will flash really fast, when this happens release the button.
After doing a hard factory reset you will need to do the following:
1. You will then need to pair your Dect handsets to the base station - to do this please click here.
2. You will need to register the line(s) back onto the base station, please click here.
3. You will need to re-do the handset number assignment for the line(s). Please click here.
This should then resolve the issue, if not then please contact our Support Helpdesk for assistance.