How to Change the Port Settings on a Gigaset Dect Phone
Modified on: Wed, 20 Jan, 2021 at 1:29 AM
Port settings on a Gigaset VoIP phone are usually set at 5060 but with some routers the VoIP traffic can cause issues and you may need to change the port to 5065 to get around issues such as firewalls blocking VoIP traffic which can impact on call quality.
A port my also be blocked so by opening up another port this can resolve issues such as a phone failing to register.
Please follow these instructions below to change the port settings on your VoIP line:
1. Access Settings on your handset by selecting the central button on your handset as shown below and selecting the Settings option which is shown as a Spanner icon.
2. Scroll down to select the System menu option.
3. Scroll down to select Local Network and you will see your IP Address displayed.
4. Enter this VoIP IP Address into a web browser to take you to your Gigaset N300 IP Base Unit settings.
5. Enter this address into a web browser … and this should display a screen saying ‘Gigaset N300 IP’ as shown below:
6. Where it says enter your system PIN – enter ‘0000’ and press OK
7. Go to the Settings tab, and select ‘Telephony’ from the left hand menu
8. Then click ‘Edit’ next to your number (position 1) as shown below:
9. Then click ‘Show Advanced Settings’ as shown below:
10. You will notice that there are 3 places that it says ‘5060’ – please change these to ‘5065’ for the following:
Proxy server port
Registration server port
Outbound proxy port
11. Then click on the ‘Set’ button
12. When you first go back to the ‘Connection’ screen it is still likely to say ‘Registration failed’ but leave it a few seconds and click on the ‘Connections’ option in the left hand menu once more – and it should say ‘Registered’.
13. Click Log Off (shown in the top right-hand corner) to exit.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.