Please note: Supported Microsoft Office Outlook desktop versions are 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007. This also includes Microsoft Office Outlook 365. To find out what version of Outlook you are using please click here
Please be aware that Microsoft Outlook Exchange does not support this sync option because it is hosted on a server which behaves differently from the email client ‘Outlook’ which is supported on the above desktop versions only.
It is really important that you advise us if your Outlook is Microsoft Outlook Exchange as using this sync method can potentially delete your contacts. We can set up some test contacts to test this out if you are not sure.
Pre Contacts Sync:
1. Please also make sure you have your CRM login details to hand as you will need these as part of the set up process. If you do not know your password and you need to re-set your password please click here.
2. Please set up a new tag called such as 'sync-ho' for example, inside your CRM account - by using a unique tag such as 'sync' along with your initials this will help to make sure that you identify your own contacts to sync across with your contacts in Outlook.
To set this new tag up please click here for guidance.
3. Add this new tag by clicking on the Settings icon along the menu bar:
Inside the 'Your Settings' page you will see the ‘SyncML’ fields for both Incoming and Outgoing as shown in the screenshot below:
Enter your tag name into the Incoming and Outgoing fields and click on 'Update Settings' as shown above to save.
4. Please also make sure you have done a back-up of your Outlook and your CRM contacts as a pre-caution to any issues with the sync (i.e. deleting any contacts during the syncing process).
- Please click here to see how to take an export of your CRM contacts.
- Please click here to go directly to the Microsoft Support page to see how to take a back-up.
We cannot take responsibility if you choose to ignore this step and do not take a back-up of your contacts before using this 3rd party sync application.
Sync your Outlook Contacts with your CRM Contacts:
1. Click on the link below to download the Outlook CalDav Synchronizer:
2. This will take you to following screen:
3. Click on the green ‘Download’ button to start downloading the Outlook CalDAV Synchronizer as shown below:
4. You will see a green download status bar – see example below:
5. Once it has finished downloading it will show the Thank you message – see example below:
6. You will then see the file is ready to ‘Open’ as shown below – click on Open:
7. The file will be downloaded into your ‘Downloads’ folder as shown below:
8. Click on the ‘CalDAV Synchronizer.Setup’ as shown below:
When you have downloaded the CalDAV plugin from Source Forge if you see the following window appear:
Please click on 'More Info' as shown below:
This will show a 'Run anyway' button which you will need to click on as shown below:
The CalDAV plugin will then be downloaded.
9. The CalDavSynchronizer Setup wizard will then open up as shown below:
10. Click on ‘Next’
11. The next window will be a ‘Select installation folder’ - if you want to change the folder that the file is saved in click on ‘Browse’, otherwise click on ‘Next’ as shown below:
Please make sure you download the file to your C:\ drive.
12. You will then see the following window – click on ‘Next’ as shown below:
13. The installation will be set up – you will see the following window to show that the installation is complete:
14. Click on Close as shown above.
15. You will need to close Microsoft Outlook and re-open it again in order to see the CalDav Synchronizer plugin.
16. After installing the plugin, a new ribbon called 'CalDav Synchronizer' is added inside Outlook with 6 menu items – as shown below:
17. There are 6 menu items as shown above:
· Synchronize now
· Synchronization Profiles
· General Options
18. Use the Synchronization Profiles dialog to configure different synchronization profiles.
19. When you click on the ‘Synchronization Profiles’ icon you will see the following ‘Options’ window appear:
Click on the Green plus icon to add a new profile as shown below:
20. Select the ‘Generic CalDAV/CardDAV’ profile and click OK as shown below:
21. You will then see the following screen:
22. Enter a Profile Name as shown below:
23. Select the contacts folder you wish to sync with by clicking on the folder as shown below:
24. Select ‘OK’
25. If you see the message ‘The contacts synchronization is still in development and does not support contact/groups distribution lists at the moment (as shown below) please click ‘OK’ to continue:
26. Check the ‘Synchronise items immediately after change box as shown below:
27. Server Settings – inside the following fields:
DAV Url: – enter your account URL in the format as shown in the example below:
For instance if you had a CRM account called training4u.icomplete.com and your username was Sarah you would enter:
Please note: your username is case sensitive so if your username is Sarah with an uppercase ‘S’ please use this – if lower case ‘s’ please use this instead.
Username: enter your CRM username e.g. Sarah@training4u.icomplete.com
Password: – enter your CRM password:
Please make sure the ‘Use IMAP/POP3 account password’ box is unchecked as shown below:
Enter your Email address as shown below:
Click on ‘Test or discover settings’ as shown below:
You will see a message box pop up - click OK
The Server Settings section should then look like the example below:
28. Sync Settings – in the following fields please enter:
Synchronization mode: – choose Outlook Server - Two Way
Conflict Resolution: - Select Automatic:
Synchronization interval (minutes) select from the dropdown for example every 30 minutes as shown below:
Click OK to save your sync profile.
29. You will also see that on your computer’s tool bar a small icon will be displayed as shown below:
30. Right click this icon to either ‘Synchronize now’ or view your Synchronization profile:
What happens next with your contacts?
If you go into your CRM account you will see that any contacts that have synced over from your Outlook contacts folder will be tagged as ‘sync’ as shown in the example below:
If you go into your Outlook contacts folder you will now see your CRM contacts as shown in the example below:
How can I make sure that any new contacts I add will automatically be synced over into my Outlook contacts?
If you are adding new contacts into your CRM account just make sure you have tagged the contact with the 'sync' tag that you have set up inside the SyncML Settings:
When the sync tag has been applied to your contact(s) they will be automatically synced over into your Outlook account.
Please click here to see how to tag a contact.